Join Now to Connect with THOUSANDS of Flagler County Residents. It's Free and Easy ...

Michelle's College Classmate's Company Won No-bid Contract For ObamaCare Website Design

I suppose they will all deny any knowledge of this. Michelle's former Princeton college classmate is a senior vice-president at the firm that received the no-bid contract to design the failed Obamacare

http://o.dailycaller.com/thedailycaller/# !/entry/michelle-obamas-princeton-classmate-is-executive-at-company-that-built,526add85025312186c705b04
Last update on October 27, 7:52 pm by Robert Bobkorn.

I suppose they will all deny any knowledge of this. Michelle's former Princeton college roommate is a senior vice-president at the firm that received the no-bid contract to design the failed Obamacare

http://o.dailycaller.com/thedailycaller/# !/entry/michelle-obamas-princeton-classmate-is-executive-at-company-that-built,526add85025312186c705b04

When did "classmate" become "roommate"? The story at http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/michelle-obamas-... doesn't even suggest they knew each other. Is this another opportunity that someone used to "twist and mislead"?

P.S. I can't get the link you provided to open.
"...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
   likes this.
I love how folks refer to the "failed" Obamacare when it hasn't even started yet.

Someone is paying too much attention to the Republican talking points.
I was surfing the channels this AM, Fox was having a ball with the the faulty site. What will they talk about when its fixed?
I know it has to be true, liberals listen to more conservative talk radio then conservatives do. It has to be because I seldom (not never) hear about a conservative mentioning these but liberals know all about them an what they just talked about.

It is pretty funny. BigSmileBigSmile
wmrn43a said...

I know it has to be true, liberals listen to more conservative talk radio then conservatives do. It has to be because I seldom (not never) hear about a conservative mentioning these but liberals know all about them an what they just talked about.

It is pretty funny. BigSmileBigSmile

What is "pretty funny" is that there are actually some liberals who desire to be well informed and there are some conservatives who wish to only know what they want to know and absolutely nothing else, less it confuses them.

Also, do you not realize how much fun it is to shoot down all the lies that are told and circulated by the conservative and right wing gods?
Last update on October 27, 10:25 am by Kathy (OlderMember).
"...of no more satisfying conceit than the discovery of such hidden depths of character in one's own child..." - From Survive the Savage Sea
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=10795&cpage=1 Below is just a portion of the story at the link:

It seems that Michelle Obama attended Princeton at the same time as Toni Townes-Whitley, who went on to become a senior vice president at CGI. While there is nothing in Howley’s article that proves that these two women knew one another, the accusatory tone is unmistakeable. After all, how is it possible that a graduate of a respected Ivy League university would otherwise manage to secure employment as an executive of a prominent, multinational corporation? Howley’s reporting on this, if anything, did not go far enough. He could easily have implicated the entire Princeton class of 1985 in some sort of criminal conspiracy with the Obama White House. But perhaps the most revealing part of his article is this (emphasis added):

“Toni Townes ’85 is a onetime policy analyst with the General Accounting Office and previously served in the Peace Corps in Gabon, West Africa. Her decision to return to work, as an African-American woman, after six years of raising kids was applauded by a Princeton alumni publication in 1998.”

It would have been nice if Howley had elaborated on what other options Townes-Whitley had to return to work as, if not an African-American woman. Perhaps she could also have returned as an Anglo-Prussian Hermaphrodite. Those Princeton grads can be exceedingly versatile.

In addition to ferreting out the fact that two women who may not have known each other in school, and who still may not know each other today, are linked tangentially by a company that does business with the U.S. government, Howley also managed to regurgitate an already debunked myth that the ObamaCare website cost $678 million when it actually is estimated to have run at about $70 million according to the Sunlight Foundation. So Howley was only off by 90 percent.
Last update on October 27, 10:17 am by Kathy (OlderMember).

What is "pretty funny" is that there are actually some liberals who desire to be well informed and there are some conservatives who wish to only know what they want to know and absolutely nothing else, less it confuses them.
Also, do you not realize how much fun it is to shoot down all the lies that are told and circulated by the conservative and right wing gods?

Yea, I've heard that line a lot from you. What gods do you speak of now? I know of only one true god, do liberals have more? Oh yea, liberals do have more then one, sorry!
The Republicans shutdown the government to prevent the implementation of ObamaCare. Why? Well for sure some of them feel as though there is a better way to provide health care to the nation's uninsured. I'm sure some of them are concerned that costs will be more than projected, or they have concerns about another big government program and so forth. Those are all legitimate policy concerns and should be addressed as such.

But in 2009, where was the Republican alternative to ObamaCare? There was none. There were 3 Republican Senators (the Gang of Six) who negotiated with 3 Democratic Senators over the parameters of the Democratic bill but that's it.

In 2008, where was John McCain's plan to cover 50 million uninsured Americans?

In 2012, where was Mitt Romney's plan? Surely to goodness the Republican guy who got universal healthcare through solidly Democratic Massachusetts had a plan. Anybody know what it was?

If Obama were to hold a press conference this afternoon and announced that he was asking Pelosi, Boehner, Reid, et. al. to immediately pass legislation to repeal ObamaCare in its entirety and replace it with something the Republicans would shut up and endorse, and all he asked was that it extend coverage to maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of the currently uninsured and do something about college age kids and pre-existing conditions, what exactly would the Republicans replace it with?

They have nothing. They haven't had anything since 1993. Because ObamaCare is essentially the Bob Dole alternative to HillaryCare. The core of ObamaCare is the individual mandate which the conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation came up with and Dole and Newt Gingrich and every other Republican endorsed it.

And they are scared s***less that a year from now, when everybody has forgotten about the website glitches and most of these people actually have insurance and have preventative care and don't have to worry about pre-existing conditions that these people are going to vote Democratic on November 4th. And then do it again in 2016.
"Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane."

Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
wmrn43a said...

Yea, I've heard that line a lot from you. What gods do you speak of now? I know of only one true god, do liberals have more? Oh yea, liberals do have more then one, sorry!

Speaking for only myself, I have only one God. (Notice the upper case "G")

Notice that "gods" with a lower case "g" are those at whose feet some conservative and right wingers worship so long as they spew lies and tell them "what" they want to hear.
And they are scared s***less that a year from now, when everybody has forgotten about the website glitches and most of these people actually have insurance and have preventative care and don't have to worry about pre-existing conditions that these people are going to vote Democratic on November 4th. And then do it again in 2016.

They already have be told by liberals as yourself that they will loss. Nothing new here. Wave
Last update on October 27, 5:39 pm by wmrn43a.
wmrn43a said...
They already have be told by liberals as yourself that they will loss. Nothing new here. Wave

You seem like a nice enough fellow. We've discussed enough issues of the day for me to concede you are probably no ideologue. You probably would prefer to see less dysfunction in Washington. If those are fair statements, at the end of the day, regardless of how you feel about ObamaCare, you'll admit it is the law of the land, right?

And you'll concede that without some seismic political shift that at the moment is unforeseen, it is going into existence and will not be repealed, right?

So if you agree with all of that, does it not make sense to you from a practical standpoint, and certainly from a partisan political vantage point, for the Republicans to get in the game? For the Republicans to say, "We don't think this legislation is all bad. But we do think that A, B and C don't work as advertised. We'd like to repeal A, modify B and replace C with X."

At some point it becomes about governance. The government of the United States represents all 300 million of us. It has to work or all 300 million of us are screwed. If we can't find compromise, if only one side wins and thus the other side loses, it becomes a death cycle. Is that what the Republicans want?
"Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane."

When did "classmate" become "roommate"? The story at http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/michelle-obamas-... doesn't even suggest they knew each other. Is this another opportunity that someone used to "twist and mislead"?

Of course. The two women went to the same college. The claim that they were roommates is false. They just keep making stuff up..
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans...John Lennon
Mondo said...

Of course. The two women went to the same college. The claim that they were roommates is false. They just keep making stuff up..

Well then Benghazi!!!

ROTFL.

likes this.

Since I wrote the title and accidentally replaced "classmate" with ""roommate" and just realized my mistake. Not sure how to change the title. Thanks for pointing this out. There seems to be a lot of coincidences here. They went to the same school at the same time and belonged to the same alumni association; granted, nothing necessarily amiss, but a reasonable person might see some potential wrongdoing. I would wonder why this company was selected out of 12 that were qualified to do the work, and why the others' bids were not even considered. Whether the cost of the website was, as reported in various sources, 600 million, 200 million, or 70 million dollars, I wonder why the CEO of a technology firm stated he would have been hard pressed to charge a million for designing the website, which would have worked. I would say I do have a problem if this firm did in fact become an Obama donor AFTER receiving what by all accounts is a multi-million dollar contract. Now, it certainly could be a coincidence, but the problem is there are so many coincidences with president, including, but not limited to the fact that the vast majority of the renewable, clean energy contracts were awarded to Obama donors. I believe that this reporter found out some information that is troubling, and the situation warrants further investigation.

P.S. as you can see, I did figure out how to change the title....whoopy for me.
Last update on October 27, 7:31 pm by Robert Bobkorn.